...........Welcome to my online portfolio! This is a partial collection of my artwork. I have been known to venture into other media, but my passion is watercolor. Ideal for capturing the equisite play of sunlight & shadow, as well as the soft innocence of children, watercolor dazzles me. I love the challenge of capturing whites without white paint, water splashes on dry paper and the ever elusive "glow" that can be achieved when I am brave enough to be "dark enough with my darks". I paint for pleasure, for gifting my family & on commission. Feel free to contact me! ............. janagittings@hotmail.com

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Some wee wooden folks just for fun!

So... I know these aren't watercolor paintings, but they are little "paintings" of a sort that I made a while back. They were intended as pegs in a birthday ring like I have seen over in Europe. I never did make the birthday ring, as the wood-working was beyond me...but these little people are still fun for my daughter to get out occasionally and imagine with! They are made from wooden pegs from the craft store and painted with acrylic paint. I used the tiniest bit of ribbon, wire, felt and even feathers to eek out as much detail and cuteness as I could manage. These were a lot of fun to make.



1 comment:

  1. There are supposed to be 12 pegs. I gave away Cinderella. Prince Charming next to Ariel and Snow White goes with her. I'll have to make another. :)

    ReplyDelete