...........Welcome to my online portfolio! This is a partial collection of my artwork. I have been known to venture into other media, but my passion is watercolor. Ideal for capturing the equisite play of sunlight & shadow, as well as the soft innocence of children, watercolor dazzles me. I love the challenge of capturing whites without white paint, water splashes on dry paper and the ever elusive "glow" that can be achieved when I am brave enough to be "dark enough with my darks". I paint for pleasure, for gifting my family & on commission. Feel free to contact me! ............. janagittings@hotmail.com

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012

Here is the tiny spool nativity that I made for my mom for Christmas this year. I go the idea from my cousin Betsy's blog Annanimity. They are actually ornaments for the tree. They are about and inch and a half tall. Mary has a navy swatch of fabric on her spool. Joseph is wearing brown corduroy, and the kings are wearing a bit of purple velvet ribbon. Fun to make! Thanks, Betsy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Jana, those are adorable!! I'll bet your mom loves them!

    ReplyDelete